Monday, November 12, 2007

"There was one who was great in his strength, and one who was great in his wisdom, and one who was great in hope, and one who was great in love; but greater than all was Abraham, great with that power whose strength is powerlessness, great in that wisdom whose secret is folly, great in that hope whose outward form is insanity, great in that love which is hatred of self."
-Fear and Trembling by Kierkegaard

I am almost done filling out an application to be apart of a Spring Break Trip with Taylor University to return to Amman, Jordan. The most exciting part of this to me: committing to support the people going on the trip with me. The leaders are lovers of the Lord (and also of each other since they are husband and wife).

I think this is a good idea for me. I am so thankful for this community. There is something beautiful about being able to keep you all up to date, and hear what you guys are doing, but equally... to be in a community completely absent of anyone from TSM. I think some of you might understand what I mean (really... i am just thinking Trevor... or Abraham... but I don't know if Abraham knows that this blog exists yet).

I have so many thoughts. On grace mainly. really... are you in bondage to some things of this world? is your definition of the typical Christian life summed up in Romans 7? or in Galatians 5? I pray that you do not live in the bondage of the nominal unsuccessful Christian life: viewing Romans 7 as the consistent explanation of your life: with no victory. Embrace freedom. Embrace Love.

There are incredible people in this community. I have every intention of purposing to know them!

Hey, I'm also NOT coming home for thanksgiving. I will be home for Christmas break though!!! :$ I will be very jealous knowing that everyone is home over thanksgiving (especially since all my cousins are officially married, engaged, and a brother who has a girlfriend) all of which are bringing their significant others to thanksgiving weekend. Well, I mean, I knew I'd eventually be the only single one in my family... it might as well start now right?! shesh (sigh)... here goes.

No comments: