Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My songs are not necessarily always coming from MY perspective, and I try and add a little ironic humor or some sort of unique literary touch to make it kinda... funny. Well, anyway, this is the latest one!

Christmas Day, 2007

Verse One
Have you heard the expression,
'when it rains it pours'
well lets just say,
lets just say there has been some
flood damage here

and I haven't had the time
I haven't had the time
to start picking up
the mess I have made

so now, I like to I refer to myself,
as a Picasso like masterpiece.
I hope you don't mind...
the mess

Chorus
let yesterday be yesterday
and today be today
tomorrow will be what you make of it
I care to be in yours if you don't mind...
...but hello today

Verse Two
I'm slow and steady
calculated and careful
I've trusted everyone
and learned to trust no one

why are so many
so quick to be judging?
as if put in Medea's position they would know
...black from white...
...or the noble response...
to a love now lost
or a sacrifice now forgotten at its cost

Chorus
But let yesterday be yesterday
and today be today
tomorrow will be what you make of it
I'd like to be in yours a bit
lets not get carried away

But Let yesterday be yesterday
and today be today
tomorrow will be what we make of it
Do you have plans for it?
(I'd be apart of them)
come what may.

No comments: